Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for the role of Accountant Outstations in Istanbul, Turkey.
In this role, you will plan, guide, supervise and direct all outstation general sales agency accounting work, and the allocation of outstation expenditure billed by other airlines. This will also include preparing reports on general sales agents, monitoring bank guarantees of general sales agents and supervising the maintenance of related records and files.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Implementing action plans for continuous improvement in the outstation GSA accounting activity, making recommendations for change, improving and adjusting as appropriate, securing approvals and implementing agreed amendments.
• Coordinating procedures through subordinates to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the accounting processes, in accordance with the monthly closedown timetable and KAC rules and regulations.
• Managing the implementation of an automated accounting system for all self accounting stations and some GSA stations, which comprises a general ledger, subsidiary ledgers for receivables and payables, cash management and other related accounting tasks.
• Reviewing all station accounting processes and procedures, making amendments as necessary, issuing revised station accounting instructions, establishing training routes for outstation staff undertaking each individual station implementation as to software, hardware and networks where necessary on a station by station basis.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting
• 8-10 years of experience
• Proficient in English speaking and writing.
• Proficient in Turkish speaking and writing.
• Strong knowledge in taxation legislation, VAT recovery and GSA payments.
• Proficient in Excel