Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for the role of Junior Accounts Officer in Beirut, Lebanon.
In this role, you will perform basic accounting activities such as invoice processing, revenue accounting, banking, cash management and account reconciliations. You will also ensure the timely and accurate completion of accounting processes, in accordance with the monthly closedown timetable and KAC rules and regulations.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Participating in all general sales agents' and airline expenditure work. Reviewing work for accuracy and ensuring correct input to the general ledger system, providing information to management, and compiling and preparing summaries as necessary.
• Monitoring the monthly clearing of accounts and the allocation of expenditure billed by other airlines, and coordinating reconciliation and clearance of suspense accounts requiring allocation to head office controlled expenditure, in accordance with the monthly and annual closedown timetables for the preparation of accounts.
• Checking the net payments made by sales agents, including reviewing monthly payments to determine balances due; checking outstanding balances for further review and action.
• Reviewing monthly reports on IATA accounts billings. Including, the expense statements of IATA and non-IATA airlines and ensuring that all expenses are in accordance with the KAC financial rules and regulations.
• Coordinating work and requests from internal audit, external auditors, and the Ministry of Finance by providing financial information and statements as necessary in a timely manner.
• Participating in the maintenance of records of GSA's bank guarantees.
• Following up on all internal and external correspondence received from superior in respect of GSA's stations departments, sections and other parties and keeping an up to date status of action taken, until queries are resolved.
• Maintaining records of GSA bank guarantees.
• Participating in the annual closure of KAC accounts by controlling the closure of specific provisional and suspense accounts of outstations in head office books and re-opening of same at the beginning of each financial year.
• Carrying out the reconciliation of various currency exchange differences and provisional and suspense accounts as necessary when related exchange rates are changed.
• Providing management with information regarding outstation expenses in connection with both the station and the locally based staff.
• Reviewing discrepancies and making the necessary enquiries to ensure timely reconciliation of various accounts and settlement of outstanding balances. Following LIP with superior the clearance of balance sheet suspense and clearing accounts.
• Receiving the BSP sales reports, checking them and ensuring the preparation and data capture of BSP sales batches.
To qualify, will require the following:
• Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 2 years of experience in accounting field.
• Good knowledge of Arabic and English.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office programs, specifically Excel.