Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for the role of Doctor - Aviation Medicine.
In this role, you will, provide routine medical treatment to KAC flying staff. This includes diagnosing and treating routine ailments, authorizing and approving various requisitions, sick leave requests, recommended prescriptions, referrals, etc., preparing an Aviation Medical Manual for flying crews and a variety of reports for internal and external distribution. You are to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory aviation agencies' standards and issues medical licenses to flight crews.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
• Supervise the activities of assigned personnel in the Section. Perform supervisory duties and exercise financial authority at the level established by Management for the position.
• Provide flying medical licenses to flying crew. This includes carrying out routine medical check-ups and processing all necessary procedures for the regular renewal of crew medical flying licenses. You are to liaise with various aviation legislative authorities inside an outside Kuwait.
• Provide routine treatment for KAC flight crews. This includes examining results of tests and physical examinations, reviewing preliminary diagnosis and recommended treatment, and approving or determining alternatives for the effective treatment of haematological, emergency respiratory, cardiological, orthopaedic, ophthalmic, abdominal, dermatological and ear, nose and throat complaints. You are to determine whether to refer cases to State or private hospitals, make arrangements for referrals as required, and determine sick leave eligibility or fitness to fly.
• Provide direction and guidance to subordinate personnel.
• Ensure the preparation of a variety of reports, related to industrial injuries and accidents and statistics for distribution to internal boards, Ministry of Public Health officials, police, etc; you are to monitor and direct the overall clinical activities and performance of the laboratory and pharmacy, in house or outside hospital work.
• Draft and implement standard procedures for the Aviation Medicine Section, such as those for employment, periodic and termination check-ups, and regular check-ups for employees handling food inside and outside Kuwait for conformity to hygiene standards. Liaise with Ministry of Public Health and local medical institutions to develop and recommend aviation medicine standards for incorporation in Division Medical Manual.
• Prepare and ensure distribution of aviation medicine related bulletins and circulars, IATA or Civil Aviation regulations indicating quick reference medical procedures to flight crews. This includes first aid guides detailing treatment for such conditions as hypoxia, choking and minor accidents, various common and vaccination requirements for disease.
• Supervise the preparation and implementation of air transport for seriously ill patients. This includes observing all IATA and Civil Aviation regulations, locating required equipment based on medical needs of patients, briefing crews and attendants on requirements and liaising with medical and Airport authorities regarding patient reception at his destination.
• Participate in field studies and general aviation medicine studies as required. Includes studying causes of specific flight crew complaints regarding working conditions, safety or equipment use problems, and submitting recommendations accordingly. Attend regional and local medical and airline industry conferences and seminars to represent KAC, participate in work groups, present papers and reports on medical developments. Investigate air accidents in liaison with responsible authorities.
• Carry out other similar or related duties, such as designing and participating in first aid courses for flight crews setting up of vaccination programs for flight crews, maintaining individual records for subsequent renewals of vaccinations, supervising the preparation of aircraft's doctor and first aid kits, and participating in pre-flight briefings, etc.
• M.D. or M.B., Ch.B., plus post graduate diploma in aviation medicine
• 10 years' experience in aviation related medical practice and acute medicine management, including 3 years in a supervisory capacity
• License to practice as a physician from the Kuwait Ministry of Public Health
• Very good knowledge of English