Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for the role of General Practitioner - MD.
In this role, you will be responsible for (but not limited to) providing routine medical treatment to KAC ground staff. This will include diagnosing and treating ailments, reviewing the work of the nursing staff, authorizing and approving various requisitions, sick leave requests, recommended prescriptions, and referrals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
• Supervise the activities of assigned personnel in the Clinic. You are to perform supervisory duties and exercise financial authority at the level established by Management for the position.
• Provide routine medical treatment to KAC ground staff. This includes examining results of tests and physical examinations, reviewing preliminary diagnosis and recommended treatment, and approving or determining alternatives for the effective treatment of haematological, emergency respiratory, cardiological, orthopaedic, opthalmic, abdominal, dermatological and ear, nose and throat complaints.
• Determine whether to refer cases to state or private hospitals, make arrangements for referrals as required, and determine sick leave eligibility or fitness to go back to work.
• Provide direction and guidance to subordinate staff. This includes reviewing their cases, giving second opinion, providing instructions and guidance on medical techniques and practices, such as treatment of certain conditions, the interpretation of tests and possible side effects of various drugs.
• Assist, if necessary, the Assistant Director and/or Manager, Aviation Medicine in day-to-day administrative and clerical work.
• Carry out other similar or related duties, such as designing and participating in first-aid courses for ground staff as required, participating in the preparation of the section's budget, etc.
• M.D. or M.B., or Ch.B
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in medical practice including 3 years in a supervisory capacity
• Very good knowledge of English
• License to practice as a Physician (General Practitioner) from the Kuwait Ministry of Public Health