Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for the role of Secretary.
In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out various bilingual secretarial and clerical duties in the Operations department, including answering telephone calls, taking minutes, typing, maintaining and updating files and records, dispatching and distributing outgoing and incoming mail.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
• Type in English and Arabic from shorthand or longhand drafts a variety of material such as internal memos, reports, circulars, action forms, and telexes. You are to proofread, obtain appropriate signatures and dispatches accordingly.
• Receive incoming mail, sort, register receipt, date stamps and distribute to addressees. You are to prepare outgoing mail for dispatch and maintain a daily master file of incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Maintain and update a comprehensive filing system for the department or section. This includes such files as business correspondence, reports, circulars, local and foreign addresses, business journals, periodicals and operating documents.
• Answer the telephone, connect callers as necessary, take and convey messages, arrange for appointments and answer general queries.
• Receive departmental visitors, determine purpose of visit and advise supervisor concerned.
• Carry out other similar or related duties, such as making photocopies, maintaining a stock of departmental stationery, collating and binding reports and operating a telex machine as required.
• Secretarial diploma
• 1 year experience in general secretarial and clerical work
• Bilingual (Arabic/ English)