Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for the role of Accounts Officer in Cairo, Egypt.
In this role, you will participate in all general sales agents' and airline expenditure work. You will review work with accuracy, and ensure correct input to the general ledger system, as well as provide information to management, compile and prepare summaries as necessary.
Your role will include:
*Monitoring the monthly clearing of GSA accounts and the allocation of expenditure billed by other airlines, coordinating the reconciliation and clearance of suspense accounts requiring allocation to head office.
*Ensuring that tasks are completed in accordance with the monthly and annual closedown timetables for the preparation of accounts.
*Checking the net payments made by general sales agents, such as reviewing monthly payments to determine balances due.
*Reviewing monthly reports on IATA accounts billings. This will include expense statements of IATA and non-IATA airlines. You will be responsible for ensuring that all expenses are in accordance with the KAC financial rules and regulations.
*Receiving daily correspondence from GSA offices and other departments for action to be taken.
*Coordinating work and requests from internal audit, the external auditors, and Ministry of Finance providing financial information and statements as necessary in a timely manner.
*Participating in the maintenance of records of GSA's bank guarantees.
*Reviewing work for accuracy and insuring data input to the general ledger accounting system is correct. In addition, you will be responsible for providing management with information regarding GSA accounts, including compiling and preparing summaries as required by management.
* Reviewing the clearing of GSA accounts on a monthly basis, this includes reviewing discrepancies and participating in the reconciliation of various accounts and settlements of outstanding balances.
* Following up on all internal and external correspondence received from line manager in respect to GSA's stations departments, sections and other parties and keeping an up to date status of action taken, until queries are resolved.
* Reviewing all contracts as assigned by line manager with GSA's outstation office rental agreements, and residences for Head Office staff posted overseas as required.
* Maintaining records of GSA bank guarantees.
*Assisting in the concept of regional accounting centers at major stations which are also able to undertake the accounting work of some smaller stations within the geographical area.
* Bachelor of Commerce
* Recent Graduate
* Bilingual (Proficient in both Arabic and English speaking and writing).
* Proficient in Excel