KAC160823010823 - Assistant Station Accountant (Riyadh)
Assistant Station Accountant (Riyadh)
Full Time - Fixed Term
Last date of application:
Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for the role of Assistant Station Accountant for our Riyadh office.
In this role, you will manage all finance and accounting responsibilities for Riyadh location. You will be responsible for supervising and leading the Accounts team in Riyadh in meeting the objectives of the accounts division and contribute to the success of the business within the Country and to KAC as a whole.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Direct and oversee the timely processing of all invoices and payments in strict adherence with company policies and procedures.
• Manage the induction of new vendors and ensure compliance to regulations by sanctions screening these vendors before onboarding.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for Riyadh accounts.
• Manage the general accounting process including account reconciliations, month-end close procedures and accruals.
• Review aging reports to identify issues and take appropriate action for debt collection.
• Assist with preparation and evaluation of yearly budgets and conduct monthly analysis to identify any variances to actuals.
• Monitor day-to-day fund requirement and ensuring monthly cash positioning for the location.
• Ensure that collections are deposited and transferred to KAC corporate bank accounts in a timely manner as per HO guidelines.
• Maximize repatriation of funds at the most beneficial exchange rates by partnering with Banks to negotiate when trading.
• Assist the HO finance department / Country Manager in bringing in / implementing process improvements for efficiency.
• Coordinate with JED station in meeting local regulatory compliance.
• Review all financial statements for accuracy and completeness during month ends.
• Ensure that financial controls, processes, procedures and systems as defined by the HO finance are in place and being adhered to.
• Work with HO to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress.
• Coordinate with other departments within the country in meeting station objectives and assisting in streamlining internal processes and statutory requirements.
• Proactively highlight risks or process deviations and propose additional process controls for risk mitigation .
• Bachelor degree in finance or accounting
• A minimum of 8 years of accounting experience including experience of leading small to medium sized team
• Knowledge of airline accounting procedures preferred
• Drive for results
• Strong business acumen
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office