KAC161031111045 - Prime Inspector - Security - Standards and Procedures
Prime Inspector - Security - Standards and Procedures
Full Time - Fixed Term
Last date of application:
Kuwait Airways (KU: IATA, KAC: ICAO) is the official national carrier of the State of Kuwait. Established in 1953 as a private company, the airline was initially 50 per cent owned by the Kuwaiti government. In 1962, the government assumed 100 per cent ownership, making it the longest serving, official state carrier operating from the Arabian Gulf Region. Kuwait Airways employs over 4,800 people, and the head office is in the heart of Kuwait City, close to Kuwait International Airport (KWI). The airline currently provides regular scheduled services to 36 international destinations in the Far East, Middle East, Europe and North America. Kuwait Airways’ fleet of 23 aircraft currently consists of 5 x B777-300ER, 7 x A320-200CEO (completed delivery Q2 2015), 5 x A330s (completed delivery Q4 2015), 4 x A340-300, 2 x Boeing 777-200, and 1 x Boeing 747-400. Kuwait Airways will boast the youngest commercial airline fleet in the world.Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for the role of Prime Inspector - Security.
In this role, you will assist the Chief Inspector with coordinating, organizing and conducting scheduled and unscheduled audits locally and/or internationally of applicable Operational Departments, Vendors, Suppliers and outstations to assess the level of compliance with regulatory, procedural, IOSA, ERP, HF and Safety requirements.
In addition, as Prime Inspector, you may be required to carry out technical investigation into regulatory, safety and procedural non-compliances, occurrences and technical discrepancies.
Roles and Responsibility:
• Assist in organizing and conducting audits of KAC Operational facilities, procedures, products, vendors, outstations and other organizations in order to ensure compliance with the applicable requirements.
• Assist Chief Inspector in ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, IOSA, KAC company & ERP procedures and safety requirements and ensure that work is performed in accordance with Approved Air Operators Certificate and Approved Maintenance Organization approval and/or other applicable authority approvals.
• Assist Chief Inspector with the coordination and the development and maintenance of a yearly and short term audit program of Kuwait Airways Operational Facilities and those of other agencies, vendors and suppliers in Kuwait and overseas, and ensure that operational areas are adequately audited to measure the required compliance levels.
• Assist Chief Inspector in reviewing the results of audits and follow-up with remedial actions ensuring all audit findings are suitably rectified.
• You may be required to conduct technical investigations into non-compliance of Regulatory, company, ERP, HF, safety and IOSA malpractice by operational departments/staff or contracted agents and recommends the appropriate remedial action to eliminate further noncompliance.
• You may be requested to review technical delays encountered by Kuwait Airways or other Operators handled by Kuwait Airways and issue recommendations to ensure that delays do not repeat and that satisfactory dispatch reliability is achieved in accordance with company standards.
• You must remain knowledgeable in, and keep abreast of Regulatory, Company, IOSA, ERP, HF and Safety requirements and coordinate with Group Leader, Inspections to amend the audit program accordingly.
• You are to assist Chief Inspector in carrying out a yearly IOSA compliance checks/preparation (Gap Analysis) of applicable Operational Departments.
• You are to assist Chief Inspector in carrying out applicable Operational Department IOSA PreAudit Review Report for Approved IATA audits.
• You will be required to carry out hazard identification of applicable Operational functions at base and outstations during an audit to comply with the requirements of Safety Management System (SMS).
• Bachelor Degree
• AVSEC (Aviation Security) a must
• Strong knowledge of Safety Management Systems
• 8 years of experience in various aspects of aviation security
• 5 years experience in quality control
• Proficient in spoken and written English
• Well versed in IOSA - Security, TSA, UKDFT, BCAS, EU Security Requirements
• Well versed in ICAO and IATA Security Requirements
• Ability to conduct Threat Assessment